Thatched Property Insurance

Insurance for Thatched and Listed Premises

Whilst you may be very proud of your chocolate box thatched premises with a warm open fire and rustic charm, finding insurance for your stunning venue may leave you out in the cold.  Whether you have a thatched pub, or listed property we can find the right cover to keep your historical premises covered.

Our insurers can provide a survey to provide you with up to date information on preventative measures in respect of fire, health and safety and general advice on the specific requirements that having a thatched or listed premises may incur.

It is essential to keep your thatch in good condition.  Insurers will be insistent on up to date maintenance, fire prevention, ducting and electrical inspections being carried out on a regular basis.  Knowing that you roof is regularly maintained, the type of thatch and when the roof was last re-ridged will all assist us in getting a competitive premium for you.

For listed properties there are other things to consider.  Your security may not be to the insurers minimum security requirements but, because of the listing you may not be able to change this.   Please be realistic in respect of the buildings sum insured and the cost of planning and materials needed to bring your property back to its deserved status.

Listed properties will most likely take longer to rebuild in the event of a loss, mainly due to extended planning issues or sourcing the correct materials meaning that your business interruption will need to cover you for a longer period of time.

Whatever your specific need for your historic or thatched venue, we can source the right policy to keep you secure in the knowledge that you have it covered.

Call 01622 745297

Premiums from as little as

In the past 12 months our customers have paid as little as £900*** per annum for thatched property insurance.

48%**** of our thatched property customers paid less than £1,500 per annum in the past 12 months.

Example thatched property or premises insurance policy cover

  • Buildings Cover (This should represent the re-building cost of the building and any additional cost to be considered in the event of a total loss, it is especially important to bear this in mind with listed buildings as you may incur unusual planning requirements or longer re-building time scales)

  • Tenants Improvements – Min of £5,000

  • Fixtures and Fittings

  • Domestic Contents – Personal Possessions not included

  • General Stock – (beer, alcopops, soft drinks and dry stock)

  • Wines and Spirits

  • Money Cover – Subject to Safe Details

  • Electronic Business Equipment

  • Business Interruption – Based on Turnover and Building Listing

  • Frozen Foods

  • Goods in Transit

  • Glass Cover

  • Loss of Licence – £100,000 (set sum insured)

  • Public Liability Insurance – £2,000,000 (can be increased to £5,000,000 if required by the local authority for outside seating)

  • Employers Liability Insurance – £10,000,000 (Set Sum Insured)

  • Legal Expenses – Optional

Call 01622 745 297

Ask us for a free, no obligation quotation.